In the era of energy security, IoT occupies an important place in the grid distribution system. Equally important is the security of IoT data.
When we talk about security concerns related to Energy IoT and Energy security. Then some questions emerge like
What is IoT? Which industries can leverage these technologies? Can it be used for Energy Management Systems? Is data over IoT/cloud safe? If show what is security concern in EIoT?
While the first two questions are asked by people who want to understand IoT, the last three questions are asked by people in the energy management sector who want to be a part of the next industry phase.
The IoT technology will be ushering numerous industries into their next phase by transforming the way they see and do things.
These include healthcare, security, business, the industrial sector, etc.
The energy sector is no exception to this rule, and energy management using IoT will become the norm.
In an era where climate change and ecological balances are critical subjects of conversation across the globe, energy consumption is one of the main contributors to environmental damage.
While in the last seven years, there’s been more awareness about responsible energy consumption thanks to the UN’s SDG Goals.
In this next phase, energy optimization will be one of the biggest trends in upcoming years.
Global energy consumption will grow by just 1.3% in 2023, amid a slowing economy and high energy prices. Waning gas supplies and extreme weather events will force many countries to fall back on fossil fuels, delaying the green energy transition.
This means optimization will become necessary, and IoT and AI can lead this optimization. However, to understand the role of IoT energy management, we need first to understand what IoT is?
What is IoT?
IoT or the Internet of Things is a network of devices embedded with sensors such as machines, wearables, and essentially “things” that exchange data and process it to give insightful information. IoT is applied across various industries such as automobiles, healthcare, manufacturing, and even energy management systems.
· Today there are many forms of iot.
· Which we can see in use from school college level to industrial level.
· The use of artificial intelligence and IoT to make things easy and convenient is in common practice today.
· Today the energy sector is also not untouched by artificial intelligence and IoT.
· Its use area is also sure to increase in the coming years.
· Today, the relation of IoT t is not limited to energy, conventional energy production and distribution,
In simple terms, Industrial IoT is the application of IoT-connected devices in the industrial sector and its operations, such as the manufacturing processes. Therefore, it is being called the fourth industrial revolution or Industry 4.0.
Companies and businesses that can accomplish this will have fully digitized smart devices monitored by IoT applications for utilities, cloud systems that can process data, analytics that can derive insights/knowledge from the data collected, thus giving rise to a complete system where everything is optimized and driven by knowledge.
What is Energy internet of things:
When we use iot in the distribution system of energy, it is called eIoT.
SGIoT (commercial, industrial and residential)
EVIoT (smart EV charging station and smart electric vehicle)
· The production and distribution of solar energy has increased the importance of eiot.
· Today solar energy is being used on a large scale in the form of commercial, industrial and domestic / residential energy.
· In which the electric vehicle sector is also not untouched.
· When we talk about smart city concept, then there is also talk of #Connected electric vehicle and connected electric vehicle charging station.
· For proper flow of transactional energy, it is necessary to secure the iot related data.
· All the information that is passed is stored on the cloud, so it is also necessary for the data to be secure.
· Also it is necessary to know what are the design security in mqtt in industrial iot for those who want to make their career in solar charging station and electric vehicle manufacturing sector.
· How anarchism can spread chaos by disrupting the exchange of information related to the production of solar energy
· What if electric vehicle hacked and electronics system misguide vehicle and driver
· As IoT used in smart vehicle #BMS to infotainment system.
· Central lock to ABS system
· LED light to motor controller system
· We want #ADAS System in all segments of vehicles ( hybrids to EV, 4 wheeler to 2 wheeler)
· Means when we talk about smart City concept then we talk about AI and IoT.
· The more important thing to know is security over MQTT ( massage queuing telemetry transport) today in Security in IoT Systems